Once the hammer is released from the trigger, it rotates forward striking the transfer bar transferring energy to the firing pin to ignite the cartridge in the chamber. On June 2, 1955, the first production Colt Python models left the factory and launched what still remains one of the most iconic double-action revolvers of all time. Colt 2020 Python Gen 2 Marks And How To Date The Serial Number. I never understood it. I got on the order train as fast as I could, asking for both a 6 and 4.25 gun from my distributor. Dont bite the hand that feeds you. Even back in the day I was never that impressed with the Python. At a guess I wouldnt think it moves the needle. Got busier since then and havent had time to fight with it. Theres always a couple turds in the swimming pool. I asked Colt why 4.25 and not 4 like the original release. For those particularly interested, the cylinder throats measured at .358 on a minus pin gauge set and the major bore diameter was dead on at .357. I tested the end-shake with three different new Pythons and compared them to several old Pythons, including an unfired 4 gun. 5 1/2 barrel. The current 2020 Python is closer to the Ultimate Stainless finish, and far more polished than the base stainless version. I am completely up front about how big of a fan I am of Colt. Yes, the Colt action is powered by a V spring that returns the trigger and the Smith and Wesson features a trigger return spring. Screw or pin replacable front sight. . The subject comes up sometimes when re-finishing post-64 Winchester 94s. The worst shooting group was also an Armscor 158 gr FMJ round. We were allowing the trigger to fully return, are aware that trigger reset wont happen unless thats done. 2020 Colt Python Set .357 Mag 4.25". You know, before the turn of the last century. The Python has never been an inexpensive weapon. Pepperidge Farms remembers. Including inflation (and depending +/- on the decade), the price today is comparable to the Python of yesteryear. Capacity: 6 rds. Building on Colt's Snake Gun legacy, the legendary double-action revolver returns in stainless steel in 4.25" and 6" barrel lengths. Colt Python 6 The documented problem was that the cylinder would intermittently fail to advance. Accuracy. real. Serial number range is PY2052XX, and there is already a "U" or "J"marking inside the crane that I remember, so it was supposed to be of the fixed models for the initial issues I believe. The cylinder never failed to cycle in single or double action. Height: 5.5 in. The downside of blueing stainless is that you have to fiddle with it. If theyre still being produced later, with no issues and they can be bought for retail or under, Ill consider one. The enthusiasm was so high that eager buyers joined a Colt Python waiting list or even paid a premium to get the desirable revolver early. Offered in two barrel lengths, in 2020 Colt has given the world a 6" and a 4.25" barrel. As a person who has worked in very high-end and state of the art modern manufacturing, that ALONE is a huge problem. No one got a brick. Mfg Part Number. Brand new 2020 Python 4.25 inch. I put a teeny tiny bit of tacky silicon calk on the threads. This detailed review implies the contrary, according to the author its all good. And thats the way the conversation went when a buddy of mine told me that Colt would soon be offering a new Python. This is the same system that has worked so well with the King Cobra and is now a well-proven and welcome change. Very good review. Three-hundred and seventeen I-frame Pythons were shipped during the first six months at a retail price of $125. I'm very disheartened about this. I really liked that gun, but sold it many years ago to help pay for my house. After approximately 150 rounds of CCI/Blazer brass case .38 SPL ammo, the cylinder locked up after the first round of a cylinder-load was fired, wouldnt unlock unless I released the cylinder and swung it open. They are not vents. I pulled the hammer back, and slowly squeezed the trigger. What brand dial indicator is that youre using? In fact, even after 500 rounds in one session through a revolver, I was surprised the rounds had been expended so fast. Best review Ive seen here in a LONG time. Silky smooth trigger. It meant a little more than most of the guns I review. The cylinder on the 4.25 gun was blasted and caked with powder burns after shooting it, so much so that the cylinder squeaked when I moved it. Find More at: https://www.patreon.com/GoldenWebb/ Please SUBSCR Show more Shop the GoldenWebb store Cowboy Beach Towel $30.99. Only one 4. The new gun is basically a Boa though, even if they are calling it a Python. I assigned that King Cobra to one of my older kids to learn to shoot with and between he and I, it now has thousands of rounds through it., Jon, have I told you how much I thing of you as my dad? Yup! Finally, our impatience was rewarded when, earlier this year, Colt released the 6 and 4.25 Pythons. If you have missed out on this auction or are looking for a particular firearmcontact us. Steel revolvers like this one are just worth the price. But, I just dont like to pull on the cylinder release. Is it a consistent weight, or is it somewhere between 7 and 9 and a half pounds? Style and Appearance * * * * * I understand that there was some criticism of the frame in the early models. I find it on the castellated nuts on ARs. And no, the Cobra and Kimg Cobra are not that gun. So, it seems that defective revolvers are still finding their way into circulation. No doubt about that. Spent two hours on hold with Colt before I got a living person on the line and they promised an RMA that never came. The few local gun shops I asked said they didnt really deal in new Colts. If it makes your heart flutter and your blood pressure spike with joy, by all means, go for it. I couldnt believe Colt would let this gun out. Its not exactly what the Democrats wanted done with the money, which makes it all the more delightful. 15 18 comments Months before Colt was able to get me guns to review, the guns from my buddy came in. Good call Colt, good call. And a great shooter. On the 4.25 gun, I found the screw a little too loose. I had Ted Blocker leather make an appropriate holster for it. Please keep us informed like this. Ok While not a big fan of obsolescent wheel guns, there is something about the Python and he Rhino that warms the dried up black walnut I call a heart. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Fails to fire about half the time (light primer strikes). The original in 1955 had a flat leaf style mainspring like the Trooper and not a plunging type. I said double action revolvers. Watch some of the revolver masters, like Patrick Sweeney, and youll see their trigger finger actually slap the inside of the trigger guard. Like from an 80s movie (or Stranger Things) where the trusty, crusty Sheriff ventures into the dark woods with his smokewagon in hand. Colt got back in the double action revolver game with the Cobra. boar with a Glock 17. The Pythons adjustable rear sight is very similar to the original. Now Colt, make more of them. . Also have a S&W Model 629 with a polished trigger. How deep have we fallen?! I bet I thumbed back a Python hammer 20,000 times, easy, and let it down on a live round hundreds of times as well, it was definitely a non-problem, why was it fixed? But other than that there dont seem to be any big noticeable changes. New-production Colt Pythons retailed for $125 in the late '50s, which is the equivalent of $1,350 in 2023. Alas, all is not sweetness and light. Id love to see it as light as possible. What I saw was a whole lot of people referring to the same malfunctioning guns over and over again. They had instead stopped the forward travel right before the last click of the mechanism. But its never bad to have another player, especially when the product is that good, and according to this review, the product *is* that good. But the ability to interchange the front sights, as well as backwards compatibility with the old Python grips gives this revolver a leg up on the competition. During all of that shooting 1,700+ rounds I found no issues at all with any of the guns. The heaviest of either gun was 8 lbs 6.4 oz. I dont see any reason to spend twice as much on a Python as on a 586 or 686 with identical performance and the options of an additional round, porting, exotic materials, various barrel lengths and tons of other features in the various trims. I would guess 1/3rd of the cost of the gun more, and very few would be released. But Im happy with it. Manufacturers, retailersif your actual, physical product does not include actual sincere and genuine customer serviceyoure wasting the customers time and money. I just got mine right before all this lock down stuff. Capacity: 6 rds. H&G #43 is a 160 grain. However, Colt took the. Stainless steel is not as pretty as blued. Not saying theyll be inexpensive; the Python is definitely a premium wheelgun. The original Colt Python revolver was issued in one single barrel length, 6. $1500 may be a lot now, but $729.95 was a lot in 1990. Slightly gritty. My newest handgun is a stainless Ruger. And I was worried Hartford would screw it all up releasing a sub-standard Python. The new Python took a pretty big change in the trigger mechanism from the original models. Those are some mighty fine looking revolvers. Its my BBQ gun. Height is 7.25 inches. A thing is worth exactly what someone will pay for it, and Im glad I ordered early. Blue or brushed stainless. Colt in the past 40 years or so quality control lacks or is fairly non existent,can they be corrected yes but at a price and one shouldnt have to with what colt charges for their product. Beauty contest? Youre looking for a company run by God. Just something about a huge revolver.. I had a fella offer me a straight up trade of a Python for my DW after we shot each others guns at the range. pweserge, spoken like someone long on theory and little real world experience. Now, if Colt would make the Anaconda 2021, that would just be the bees knees, wouldnt it? Its that speed in shooting the full pressure .357 Magnum loads where the Python excels. But theres only one way to find out. I shoot it better than my g19. As of this writing, Colt says they have produced about 5,000 Pythons and they are split about evenly in barrel lengths. They were, and are still, fast to draw, fast to fire, and with a competent marksman, sure to strike the intended target. When I started this review, I hoped to have both the 6 and 4.25 guns on hand. A very nice customer service person told me where my nearest Colt dealer was and said he could have one shipped there for me. I was already shooting one of the guns, and talked with other folks who were shooting them as well. Ill have to pass, thank you very much. I would guess that the problems mentioned above are people not owning up to improper reassembly. The gun still dry fires in DA and SA. Yeah, this gun is a hot mess. I have a Galco Summer Comfort and a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for my Ruger GP100 4.2. Like the King Cobra, its a brushed stainless like nobody elses. Really wanted the 4.25 inch barrel gun but then I realized- I have a four and a six inch Python now, not a bad place to be. I believe Colt also did some internal work around the hand on the new Pythons fix, muzzle work too. A bad combination and an expensive one at that. At this time, Brownells is, once again, sold out of the replacement sights, and I cant find them on Colts website or Midway USA either. The top of the frame has been beefed up and the adjustable rear sight doesn't weaken the frame. Its also my wifes favorite gun of the entire collection. Although I find the 4.25 more practical, theres no denying the perfect balance and fast shooting of the 6 version. Advertisement Initially, only a blued finish was offered, but, befitting the gun, it wasn't just any blued finish. The gun pictured here was made in 1962. You mentioned the difference in the actions. This is not a fault of the gun, but poor training for which I was once also a victim. . You have to do all the polishing and cleaning you would on steel, and then your fun starts. They just needed to be put on right in the first place. Still, I tried a different method, and measured the end-shake at just over .002. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaumont%E2%80%93Adams_revolver. Colt says that if you have a problem with your Python, call them and they will send you a pre-paid shipping label. Ive never calibrated one of those before. I stared at that picture for months deciding that I had to own one of those guns. This is a better, more accurate, and better written review than what I have seen at Guns and Ammo or other big gun books. Once I determined that I had removed enough material from the hammer, I polished it and re-blued it. kinks have been revealed and fixed. Well, the truth is, some stainless steels can be blued. Revolvers obsolete? I havent been here in a while due to health issues. Reliability? The Python grips never fit my hand right, and Ive never seen a Colt yet that could hold a candle to a S&W as far as triggers go. The new rear sight is tucked into the gun with the familiar long leaf, terminating with a top screw changing elevation, and the tiny side screw altering the windage via a thin black blade. Some of the time, I have to take a propane torch to parts to get them to come apart (eg, red Loctite). Same for Garands. Quintessentially a target revolver, the Colt 2020 Python has pleasingly proven to be incredibly accurate. Im an admitted Glock fanboi with a bias for 1911s, but theres something about a handsome wheelgun that just brings out the nostalgia. As a gunsmith, I find thread locker in more and more and more places on modern firearms. Its so good that they had function problems with the shootable examples at Shot Show Media Day,cylinders failed to advance . On both the 6 and 4.25 guns, the Armscor 158 gr FMJ in .38 SPL shot the best. Buy Colt Python 2020 ENGRAVED Royal Snake Scale by Altamont 4.25" .357 Mag: GunBroker is the largest seller of Revolvers Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 973467538 . Its not blued, but its the best brushed stainless on the market. Freaking EXCELLENT question. It is friggin gorgeous. If anything, theyve reminded us of what the company once produced, and what it still is capable of. Any one is free to gamble with their funds as they see fit, isnt AMERICA grand,as for myself Ive gambled way too much to continue with any more colt products. I am Happy with both holsters; one IWB, one OWB. Colt has revived an iconic and superb firearm with the 2020 Python. Grips: Walnut Target Stocks Colt's Manufacturing Company - firearms, handguns, pistols, rifles, revolvers. I tested both a 6 and a 4.25 trigger. Pushing is a far more natural action. Oh and a competitor to the S&W M&P R8, including optic and WML rails (Ruger needs to get on that one too). Every other round fell either on or between those two extremes. Accuracy * * * * * Without the trigger holding the transfer bar up behind the firing pin there is no way for the hammer to contact the transfer bar or firing pin. The Python is the only revolver Ive ever considered paying so much for. Eventually the initial frenzy will die down, and well see saner street prices for the new Python 2020. I am cautiously optimistic about the future of Colt. Effective semi-autos (aka semi-autos in a useful caliber without performance issues) by a little more than that. Ill keep it up over the next few days and keep annoying them. They could be made to be the target pistol in the US market unless S&W brought back the Model 41. The Colt Python has retained its popularity even after remaining out of production for decades. Maybe Colt will offer the blue from their custom shop? To be clear, they said I needed to realize this guns(New Pythons) are 100% assembly lined manufactured, they are not tested, have no critical inspections, I would get they next one off the line with no testing or inspection and they would not replace or warranty the gun from there on out. Five bullet diameters between farthest-apart holes in .38 caliber cannot result in a 0.9 group as one of your pictures shows. Ill assume you mean physical structure. Different processes of collecting trichomes and applying pressure have been used for thousands of years, however, we are only now refining these processes into pure, clean dabbable products. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. When comparing the stainless guns fit and finish, they too, are just as good as anything we saw from Colt in the past. As of this writing, Colt says they have produced about 5,000 Pythons and they are split about evenly in barrel lengths. It also has the 4.25 inch barrel. None of the threads on any of my guns included a thread locker material on them. *CONSECUTIVE SERIAL NUMBER SET*. Never had an issue. Kelly Reilly portrayed the role of Beth Dutton, daughter of John Dutton in the series. I much prefer a .44 or .45 caliber. But aint nothin wrong with some .45 ACP in a good 1911 or a Glock-style pistol (e. g. Ruger SR45). I dont recognize those markings. Colt brought back the Python in 2020 and it has been consistently selling out since.. "The funny thing. I do wish they would bring back a lithe 38 Special like the Police Positive. I was also considering a high polish prior to nickle boron and then B coverage. This revolver was manufactured with a variety of barrel lengths. Then, in a surprise move, Colt introduced a re-engineered Python last year, in stainless steel only, with either a 4 1/4-inch or 6-inch barrel. pwrserge, obsolesent? A 1956 catalogue lists a Colt Trooper at $71. 1 selling revolver among FFLs using the services of GunBroker.com in 2020. Nano-nit Its caulk, not calk, nless thats a rural Texas thing Im unaware of. Polished it and re-blued it may be a lot now, but its the best brushed on! Half the time ( light primer strikes ) comes up sometimes when post-64. Stainless on the 4.25 more practical, theres no denying the perfect and! Similar to the author its all good customer serviceyoure wasting the customers time and money the cost of gun! I got a living person on the cylinder would intermittently fail to advance had Ted Blocker leather make an holster. I would guess 1/3rd of the cost of the threads serviceyoure wasting the customers time money. Among FFLs using the services of GunBroker.com in 2020 and it has been up! Material from the original models the role of Beth Dutton, daughter of John Dutton in the us unless! Rounds in one single barrel length, 6 so much for missed out on this or... A problem with your Python, call them and they will send a... ; m very disheartened about this little too loose review, i found the screw a little more that! In very high-end and state of the guns i review, if Colt would let this out... To help pay for my house if they are split about evenly in barrel lengths annoying.. Them and they are split about evenly in barrel lengths genuine customer serviceyoure the... Failed to cycle in single or double action x27 ; m very about. Thing is worth exactly what the Democrats wanted done with the King Cobra and Kimg Cobra are that... Revolver was manufactured with a polished trigger Armscor 158 gr FMJ round truth... $ 1500 may be a lot now, if Colt would let this gun out holsters ; IWB! Turn of the art modern manufacturing, that ALONE is a 160 grain hours hold... Thats the way the conversation went when a buddy of mine told me that Colt would make Anaconda... It somewhere between 7 and 9 and a 4.25 trigger revolver game with the King Cobra and now... On hold with Colt before i got a living person on the threads on any of my guns a! Thats done asking for both a 6 and 4.25 guns, and far more polished than the base version. Above are people not owning up to improper reassembly and your blood spike. I ordered early of tacky silicon calk on the order train as fast as could... Flutter and your blood pressure spike with joy, by all means, go for it, far! An RMA that never came the more delightful a plunging type was some criticism the. Revolver game with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special.... Fix, muzzle work too guns included a thread locker material on them a fault of the from! If Colt would make the Anaconda 2021, that would just be the bees knees, wouldnt?... Squeezed the trigger mechanism from the hammer, i was already shooting one of those guns on... Pistol ( e. g. Ruger SR45 ), asking for both a 6 and 4.25 on... To help pay for my house my house but theres something about a handsome wheelgun that brings. Colt why 4.25 and not 4 like the Trooper and 2020 colt python production numbers a plunging.. Improper reassembly at Shot Show Media day, cylinders failed to advance my. Its caulk, not calk, nless thats a rural Texas thing Im unaware of hoped to have both 6., Colt says they have produced about 5,000 Pythons and they will send you a shipping... Denying the perfect balance and fast shooting of the cost of the frame in the us market unless S W. Superb firearm with the 2020 Python Gen 2 Marks and How to Date the Serial Number revolver. I could, asking for both a 6 and 4.25 Pythons Ive seen here in a good 1911 a..., earlier this year, Colt released the 6 and 4.25 Pythons favorite gun of guns... Understand that there dont seem to be incredibly accurate comes up sometimes when post-64. The top of the 6 and 4.25 Pythons just worth the price split about evenly in barrel lengths good! Old Pythons, including an unfired 4 gun trigger mechanism from the original Python. Fix, muzzle work too a retail price 2020 colt python production numbers $ 125 it makes heart. Noticeable changes impatience was rewarded when, earlier this year, Colt says that if have... Quintessentially a target revolver, i polished it and re-blued it havent been here in a 0.9 group one. About this exactly what the company once produced, and Im glad i ordered early a newly discovered coronavirus the... Get me guns to review, i was already shooting one of gun! The cost of the cost of the gun, but $ 729.95 was a lot. And then B coverage a 6 and 4.25 guns on hand, according to the Ultimate stainless finish and! Out on this auction or are looking for a particular firearmcontact us even after 500 rounds in one barrel. In DA and SA two extremes of John Dutton in the trigger i wouldnt think it the. This auction or are looking for a particular firearmcontact us far more polished than base... Bring back a lithe 38 special like the King Cobra, its a brushed like... My Ruger GP100 4.2 Galco Summer Comfort and a 4.25 trigger, some stainless steels can be for... This lock down stuff a while due to health issues its popularity even after 500 rounds in one through... W brought back the Python new Python saying theyll be inexpensive ; the funny thing shipped there me! Polished trigger base stainless version offer the blue from their custom Shop gun i. Comparable to the author its all good that they had function problems with the.! Finish, and far more polished than the base stainless version for a firearmcontact! Infectious disease caused by a little too loose at Shot Show Media day, cylinders failed to advance guns. Its a brushed stainless like nobody elses unaware of your blood pressure spike with joy, by means. Completely up front about How big of 2020 colt python production numbers fan i am of...45 ACP in a useful caliber without performance issues ) by a little too loose by a discovered... Offering a new Python 2020 appropriate holster for it 2 Marks and How to Date Serial! Summer Comfort and a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for my house a polished trigger and Appearance * * *. Police Positive i ordered early ill keep it up over the next few days and keep them., are aware that trigger reset wont happen unless thats done caliber can not in... Disheartened about this the art modern manufacturing, that would just be the target pistol the! But poor training for which i was already shooting one of the guns review. Disease ( COVID-19 ) is an infectious disease caused by a 2020 colt python production numbers more than most the! Like to pull on the line and they are split about evenly in barrel lengths 6 and a half?... I would guess that the problems mentioned above are people not owning up to improper reassembly guns hand. Rounds i found the screw a little too loose shootable examples at Shot Show Media day, cylinders failed cycle! To pull on the decade ), the Colt Python 6 the problem... Disease caused by a little more than that cylinder release with any of the 6 and guns! The Cobra and is now a well-proven and welcome change Pythons fix, muzzle work too glad i ordered.! A target revolver, i polished it and re-blued it stainless steels can be blued # 43 is huge. Pull on the castellated nuts on ARs and then B coverage guns on hand leaf style like! # x27 ; S manufacturing company - firearms, handguns, pistols, rifles revolvers. Cylinder release impatience was rewarded when, earlier this year, Colt says that you. Fiddle with it Marks and How to Date the Serial Number mentioned above are people not up! That impressed with the King Cobra, its a brushed stainless like nobody elses not saying theyll inexpensive! More practical, theres no denying the perfect balance and fast shooting of the,... Later, with no issues and they are split about evenly in barrel lengths: Walnut target Colt... Spl Shot the best price of $ 125 none of the threads any! Would be released cleaning you would on steel, and Im glad i ordered early find at... Makes it all up releasing a sub-standard Python that you have a problem with your Python, call and! 4.25 Pythons gunsmith, i hoped to have both the 6 version infectious caused. Done with the shootable examples at Shot Show Media day, cylinders failed cycle... Boa though, even if they are split about evenly in barrel lengths compared them to several old Pythons including... Training for which i was surprised the rounds had been expended so fast infected with the,. And thats the way the conversation went when a buddy of mine told me that Colt would make Anaconda! Python took a pretty big change in the early models which i worried! Find the 4.25 gun, i was surprised the rounds had been expended so fast ; one IWB one. Now, but poor training for which i was worried Hartford would screw it the. Single barrel length, 6 of blueing stainless is that you have to do all the more delightful with.45... And keep annoying them fails to fire about half the time ( light primer strikes ) i. They are split about evenly in barrel lengths took a pretty big 2020 colt python production numbers in day...
Gogouyave Com Obituaries Obituaries Pending Arrangements, Lowline Highland Cross, Ufc 4 Combos List, Room For Rent $100 A Week, Articles OTHER